Monday, October 20, 2008

My favorite movie

My favorite movie of the whole time is Peral Harbor. It came out in 2001. The story is based on the World War II. Pearl Harbor was attacked by the empire of Japan by surprise on a Sunday morning of December 7, 1941 which brought the United States into World War II. As well as the attack on Pearl, it also features the Dolittle Raid which just shows how American pilots were prepared to bomb Japan, knowing they were likely to die in the process.

The movie is about the life changing events that happened on December 7, 1941 and the war's impact on two good friends-one from the U.S. Army Air Corps (Josh Harnett) and the other from the British Royal Air Force (Ben Attleck)-and a beautiful nurse (Kate Beckinsale), whom both of them fall in love with. The genre of this movie falls in Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance and War.

Titanic used to be my favorite drama movie but after watching this, there is no question about what my favorite movie is, Pearl Harbor. It was not what I expected, I thought that it would just be a sappy romance, but it turned out to be so much more. It was a great romance and wonderful action film, the best drama I have ever seen. Having Josh Hartnett playing one of the leads is an added bonus. It's definitely a well-worth watching movie.

No comments: